Monday 7 April 2014

Isabella's - I will be back for the cappuccinos

Isabella's
I was invited to a Kitchen Tea at Isabella's Cake & Food Shop in Waterkloof a while back. It was the first time I noticed these stores. I love the interior of the stores.

We did a lunch at the Isabella's in Northcliff on Friday as well, and it was an experience. I can recommend the toasted bagel with crumbed chicken and my friend had one of their lovely quiches with a salad. That was more than enough food...

Mad Hatter's at Isabella's in Waterkloof
But... I am not impressed with the High Tea packages on offer. The "Mad Hatter's party" was beautifully presented, but I was feeling that we could have gotten more for what we had to pay.
For R140 I was expecting a buffet, and we only got: (Copying and pasting from the menu)
"Strawberry Spritzer
Coronation Prawn & Cucumber Sandwich
Mad Hatter Cupcake
Mini Quiche per person
Mini Salmon & Cucumber Bruschetta, topped with Wasabi Mayo & Caviar
Scone with Strawberry Jam & Cream
Glass of Bubbly"

Luckily the Bride-to-Be loved it, and that's all that matters!

Isabella's Mad Hatters (Instagram)

Isabella's Northcliff
Isabella's Northcliff
I will definitely be back for their cappuccinos! They are great!
(That's my standard of excellence! If they make a great cappuccino, they make it in my book!)


And they have a great children's menu that we have to try out as well...

11 comments:

  1. A had her 9th Birthday breakfast at the Isabellas Petite in Menlopark. Has a smaller venue but great for kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the main question is, do they have wi-fi because I don't know what I'm going to do there if they don't have wi-fi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really interesting decor. I love cappacinos as well, at the moment I have decaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I attended a baby shower at the Waterkloof one. I was a bit taken aback. It was the High Tea and we were stuck in an odd corner. We had a quarter of a sandwich, rose sprtizer, a tiny quiches and half a scone each. The service was horrible. However, when I have been there outside a function, the food is yummy and service is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same experience. I think they need to rethink their High Teas.

      Delete
  5. That looks like an awesome high tea venue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the valuable comments, we at Isabella's hear you and assure you that we are investigating ways to "Rock the Teapot" once again. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isabella's "Rock's the Teapot" and their cappuccino's are simply BEST IN CLASS.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs