Saturday 31 December 2016

2016 - You are done and dusted!

2016
There are years that are rather "meh" and "what happened?"
2016 has been such a year!
Not bad, but nothing to report as well!
(That's why I know 2017 is going to be much better! It has to be, right?)

This meme is doing the rounds, grabbed from Nafisa's blog. (Thanks Tanya (Dear Max and Rebecca) for reminding us!)

1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Nothing! I should definitely address this issue! (Note to self!)

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I do not do New Year's resolutions any more, but I got up on the 2nd of January this year and decided that I am a vegetarian. I still am!

3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
I do not like being at home this time of the year! I even tried unsuccessfully last night to book us two nights through Lekkeslaap and Airbnb. Of course it did not work because everything is fully booked. I am very disappointed that you can't search for places that are still available. You have to apply for each and every place on the sites! (Thumbs down from me!)
But Hubby organised a braai with friends at home and New Year's Eve does not seem so bleak any more! We also went to the Wonder Caves at Kromdraai today, and it was a great outing! (Definitely something to put on the to-do-list with the family!)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No! Thank you, Universe!

5. What countries did you visit?
None! (*crying*)

6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
I do not have anything lacking in my life!

7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No, can't think of anything! That's why I call it a "meh" year!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
? Meh!
I nearly forgot! I got a certificate for an Online Social Media short course through UCT.

9. What was your biggest failure?
? (That's not so bad!)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My car

12. Where did most of your money go?
Necessities and school! A new car! (Also a necessity!)

13. What song will always remind you of 2016?
The Kiffness: "Away from here"

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend time with friends.

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat.

16. What was your favourite TV program?
This is us

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No

18. What was the best book you read?
The Red Fish Project, by Andrew Gillmore

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Kiffness - only noticed them this year

20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Rogue One - Stars Wars

21. What did you do on your birthday?
I only made a small mention on my blog about my birthday this year! It was very low key!
Next year I want to go to Mauritius and I want a Star Wars party! (Ha-ha-ha! But it's on my list for 2017!)

22. What kept you sane?
My family! Not taking everything too serious!

23. Who did you miss?
We miss the family who are overseas, especially with family get-togethers!

24. Who was the best new person you met?
Boyfriend of the Eldest! He makes her happy!

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016
Do not take life too seriously, and do not get overwhelmed by other people's negativity!


Happy New Year!
2017 is going to rock! For everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs