Friday 24 June 2011

A mediocre report

Report card coloured in by the toddler
The Toddler got her middle-of the year report yesterday! Except for receiving very good marks on her relationship with her teachers and fellow class mates, she got very mediocre scores!

She was moved to a bigger class  a couple of months back, and most of the children in her class are older (nearer to 3) than her. (What to do with a strict teacher)

She is two and a half years! I am thinking they are evaluating them on things that is way too early!
I will try to focus on some of the issues, such as balance and colouring in, but I am not going to be too worried now!

Or should I be? Should I already go and try to address these issues?
Maybe I am too complacent because I am an older mom, and tends to think that things will sort itself?

What are your take on a report card for the two year olds?
This morning at day care: Look, Mom, I've got my R5 coin for the sweets today!

Crazy Days of Summer

I am linking up with Kristi at Live and Love Out Loud and her Crazy Days of summer theme. (Yes, I am jealous!) Her theme this week is yellow!
The report card is yellow! Can't you see?

12 comments:

  1. So cute. I was your 100th Follower. Thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Common a report card for a 2,5 year old???!!! Trash it. Make your own quality time of assessing and addressing the toddler. Cutest little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry much about the report. Ewan is just over 2 now and a few of the therapists from my Moms school evaluated him the other day just for fun. Apparently if they are colouring vaguely where the picture is at two they are advanced so from looking at that report picture I would say the toddler is just right and maybe a bit advanced. Looks like they are evaluating above her age. Anyway I would rather have a child that is happy then push them to achieve all the time. They only get to be kids once pressure is for later in life:0 Very cute pic by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not worry one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it right now especially in light of the changes but also because she is 2 :)

    I first started taking reports seriously in Gr 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will not be concerned at all! A report card at 2? Seriously!! Kids at this age are all over the place. Unless their is a HUGE delay in walking, or some other indicator that something is very wrong (which I know your daughter is not) we should really just give our kids space to develop at their own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't worry too much. There's still time for growth and children develop at different rates. As long as she's happy and healthy and enjoying school, I wouldn't worry.
    Thanks for joining Alicia and I for the Crazy Days of Summer Photo Challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week's theme: LIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At her age it should be all about having fun and learning in a playful manner. I wouldn't even give the report a second thought. What is important is that she is enjoying herself and is happy.

    Lekker naweek vriendin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would not worry..
    its about FUN at that age... right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. o yeah report card is yellow :) love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take it from an OT don't worry about it, kids can't develop every area at the same time, so naturally there will be a very strong area of develpmnt and then later on the 'mediocre' areas swop with the stronger areas and so forth. But if you are really concerned you can direct message me via twitter... for free OT advice ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs