Thursday 29 December 2011

A week of camping

We can't believe we have spent a week camping and hiking with The Toddler!

Even with her who freaks every time she sees a bug, and who does not want to shower...

We had lots of laughs with the Mieka-sayings:

- Every time a plane goes overhead, she says there goes Wynand, my brother, who came to visit from America.

- She sings her own 'Miekanese' songs (own made-up songs, some not even in recognizable language), and when I suggested that she will perhaps become a singer one day, she immediately retorted by saying: No, she is Mieka, not a singer!

- She asks questions the whole time, and Stian (my daughter's boyfriend) kept on saying he doesn't know. She says: "Nou WAT weet jy?" (What DO you know?) - very sarcastic!


It has been a wonderful relaxing break!

I don't want to go home tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I've been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this web site. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently do you update your web site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely LOVELY!
    I haven't braved camping with my tot yet but you've inspired me to give it a go sooner then later :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs