Thursday 14 March 2013

Colour blind?

EnChroma Colour Blindness Test Result

The Little Missy struggled from the very start with the recognition of blues and greens.
At age two and three we did not think anything about it

At age four she is still struggling!

I have to tell her to know as fact that trees and grass are green, and that the sky is blue!
She mostly never gets the blues and greens correct, but she is able to identify all the other colours.

I phoned an optometrist yesterday, and she advised that I do one of the test available on the iPad.
I also made an appointment in April to confirm it, and also to try and understand more about it.

We did the test last night.

I thought that she would test a tritan vision deficiency because of the blue/green, but she tested deutan, which is a blue/red vision deficiency.

Apparently there is nothing that can be done about it.
Apparently it comes from the maternal side. My father tested a mild colour blindness when he was in the army years and years ago. I also remember that my grandfather was colour blind, but now nobody can remember...

It doesn't matter.

It is a bit sad to think that our little one will not see the world as brightly and as colourful as we do!

Please let me know if you have any suggestions?

I think it is good to know earlier rather than later; and to be able to tell the teachers at school.



4 comments:

  1. That is sad...as if some of the beauty of the bright colourful world will not be seen. On the positive side she will easily see animals in the wild as they will not be able to camouflage themselves from her. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were actually chatting about this at Moms and Babes - one of the ladies there thinks her son may also be a little colour blind.

    I have no advise or suggestions. I would like to see the world the way she does though - we just take for granted that it is the way we see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is way more often found in boys than girls. Oh my friend, it's sad. But it could be way worse. At least it will not delay normal development

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's not so bad, some very successful people was also colour blind like Picasso, van Gogh and John Constable etc. And they worked with lots of colour paint.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs