Tuesday 26 December 2017

2017 in review


This year has been tough! But here we are! We made it through! I look at my 2016 Done and Dusted post, and I had a few expectations of 2017. Some came true, some not!  I'll  run through the list again, thanks to Tanya at Dear Max and Rebecca who reminds us each year of Nafisa's questions.

I look back, and think to myself; This was not so bad! Why did I think the sky was falling down and everything was bleak?

As an archivist I get to listen to many the-sky-is-falling speeches, and predictions of a future that is not painted as bright! And then it's a future that we have already surpassed, and we made it through much better than we thought!

2017 had it's moments, but it was also a tough one!

Cheers to us for making it through!


2017 in review 

SnapChat Angel filter with face paint (courtesy Miss)

1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
Nothing! 2018 will have to be the year of challenges!

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Fortunately I don't make resolutions any more, but I have one more successful year of being a vegetarian to my name.

3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
With friends, under a summer sky! We are looking forward to it.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, Ouma Violet, and our Benji Yorkie. And Stew!
We miss them!

5. What countries did you visit?
None. *Crying!*

6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
Nothing

7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory?
I can't think of anything that I will remember for ever and ever.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I applied for a job that fits me like a glove, and I was successful. I am holding thumbs that it will become reality in 2018.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I always feel l am failing at parenting. I did not so much the first time around, so it makes it even more of a worry. I know, I know! The fact that we worry and that we try... That says otherwise! Hopefully I will come back to this in a few years and laugh at myself?

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully not!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone 7. On contract, mind you.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and foods

13. What song will always remind you of 2017?
These streets, from Mi Casa (of  2011)

14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More coffee dates with friends

15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry

16. What were your favourite TV shows?
(Thanks to Netflix, Showmax and Droid TV)
Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries
Anne
This is Us
Young Sheldon
The Bletchley Circle
The Big Bang Theory
The Goldbergs

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No

18. What was the best book you read?
Conversation with God Book 4 - Awaken the species, a new and unexpected dialogue. By Neale Donald Walsch

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My Apple Music. LOVE love love the Chill Mixes every Sunday. I have found so many new sounds.

20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Star Wars The Last Jedi. We haven't seen it yet, but all reviews are positive and I have waited the whole year for it.

21. What did you do on your birthday
I did not have my Mauritius birthday, so it's still on hold. (Watch this space ;-) )

22. What kept you sane?
My family

23. Who did you miss?
Family that's overseas, and those who died

24. Who was the best new person you met?
We met a few new parents at the new school this year

25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017
Keep on going! This too will pass!



What happened in your 2017?


4 comments:

  1. You're a positive and uplifting person and I like your perspective on the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I think this helped me with choosing the word for 2018, which is "positive" :-)

      Delete
  2. This is a good way to do a review without overthinking it! I’m going to steal the idea ...

    Wonder why as Parents we worryso much...you are a great mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs FF! Let me know when you have done your review?

      Delete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs