Friday 1 December 2017

Kindness Online

Kind
I am a subscriber to the Screenagers Movie newsletters. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I definitely want to in the future. It is a movie that all parents should watch. The impact of screens on our children's lives are not yet fully understood, and the consequences will only be comprehended much later... We hope it won't be too late. See the trailer below.

As much as I am an advocate for the use of technology and how much it is enhancing our lives, I am also aware that we should control this tool and not the other way round!

The latest newsletter is about encouraging small acts of kindness online! As it is the month of kindness, and kind is my word of the year, I love this idea! Sometimes you don't know how to be kind! Is it only the money I give at the robot (traffic light), or are there other ways in my daily life to be kind?  How do I teach my children to be kind online?



How to be kind online?


The following is from the Screenagers newsletter. 


They suggest to always follow up good service with a shout-out on social media, or a review. The following questions are good ways to inspire you and your children to be more kind online!

  • What are ways you perform small acts of kindness online towards people, businesses, etc. that you appreciate?
  • Do you think liking a photo is a small act of kindness?
  • What are causes and organizations that inspire you?
  • In what ways do you contribute to your community and causes you care about?

I have just signed up with the free iBleat app on my smartphone, which is a great way to show your appreciation to products, brands, shops, services, food and entertainment. The institution gets notified when you do an "I love" review. A bad review as well, but maybe we should just focus on what is good. I have my own rule to rather keep quiet when I don't like something, than to write a bad review!

I was reminded again that being kind online is reading, liking and commenting on fellow content writers and bloggers' posts. To share and to give shout-outs! We can all do with more of that!

Kindness comes in many ways!

How can we spread more online kindness?
Is there something I did not mention?


See the trailer below of the Screenagers Movie.
SCREENAGERS Movie Trailer from lisa tabb on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs