Friday 20 April 2018

The lunch-box conundrum - We have not find the perfect solution yet

Lunch box with pizza, maize snack, banana and chocolate
Dr, Oetker pizza slice, Woollies maze snack, banana and chocolate
The lunch-box trauma on parents. It IS trauma, Miss Fine! I am noting it here, again, for future reference. To spend so much time buying, planning and putting the daily lunch-box together... And to get it back the evening, uneaten... Yesterday she suspected there was some onions with her chicken mayonnaise, and she left it uneaten. There was no onions.*sigh*

I don't have the perfect lunch-box suggestions. I know my lunch-boxes are not that healthy. We are just glad when it gets eaten. I am so glad when I get suggestions as to what to put in it. Most recent we could add Yo-Jelly to the lunch-box. We also got Dr. Oetker pizza slices a while ago as a blog drop. I love the idea, but Miss Fine doesn't like it when it is cold. Sometimes she eats it, and sometimes not.


Most of the time I wish I had her lunch-box. 

I have no solution for a perfect lunch-box that my child will eat.

Lunch-box with Dr Oetker mini-pizza, apple, mini tennis biscuits and potato crisps Lays
Lunch-box with Dr Oetker mini-pizza, apple, mini tennis biscuits and potato crisps Lays


My recipe for our kid's lunch-box is:

- One sandwich/carb portion, usually with protein included (chicken/biltong/cheese sandwich)
- One to two fruits
- One salty snack
- One sweet snack

And this is Mom's lunch-box. Just to show that we can do healthy.

Lunch-box with rice, a mushroom with feta, gems, carrots and green beans

How do you get the kids to eat more healthy lunch-boxes?
What do you put in the lunch-box that's healthy?

*Filed for future reference

2 comments:

  1. We do a protein (like biltong, or a pb sandwich), a dairy (cheese or yogurt), a fruit (apple, banana or grapes) and a treat. Same problem though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like a good combination. Miss fine also doesn't like cheese... Which is a great protein to add to a lunch-box

      "sigh" again

      Delete

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs