Monday 7 May 2018

The first time I saw your faces

Photo of two daughters - 9 year old and 24 year old
Daughters

With Mother's Day coming up and having all the warm fuzzy feelings about being a mother, and having a Mom whom I only appreciate more and more... I feel blessed. I have signed up for the first time for the Mother's Day Connect on Sunday where groups of moms will visit new moms in hospitals. You can still sign up here: Embrace Mother's Day Connect. It's only an hour out of your day, and you can still be back with your family on Sunday.

I was very lucky to have support and family, and we could prepare for both our daughters. I can't imagine how scary it must be when you don't have that?

I can still remember how I felt when I first saw these precious faces.


Feelings I had when I saw my babies' faces

- I was gobsmacked. I could not believe how familiar you looked. I could see all the family features. With both of you. The mouths, and the chins, and the colour of your hair. So familiar. It was as if I knew you from before. Even though you do not have the same fathers, you both looked the same.

- I had an overwhelming love for both of you!

- I definitely shed a tear, because I was so glad to finally meet you.

- I was extremely happy! To take your baby in your arms is one of THE highlights in a person's life!
Nothing anything compares to that. Such a cliche, but TRUE! In my life it will be a highlight forever!

- I was also overwhelmed with anxiety about your well-being, and did not want to let you go out of sight. Your dads was instructed to follow you and make sure you were okay while I was still in the operation theatre and recovering after the cesareans.

- It was a roller-coaster of emotions, and I can remember how painful my body felt after both cesareans. And that the nurses had no sympathy for the mom. But I did not mind, because I had you. To to this day it was two of my happiest days in my life.

Thanks so much for my beautiful daughters! I enjoy all the stages we are going through with you.


How did you feel on the first day of being a mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments :D

Subscribe via email

Blog Archive

Mommalicious

Blogarama

Blogarama - Friends & Family Blogs